Recruiting and then hiring the best -fit employees can pose a huge challenge for employers whether a start-up or a well-reputed brand. It can be a cumbersome task to post a job ad, sift through large number of resumes, and, ultimately, choose someone to join the open job position in your company staff. But selecting the wrong person can lead to lost revenue the risk is highly considerable. It costs valuable time of yours. On contrary, if everything goes right, the time and expenses used to hire the right person can be one of the big investments a business owner can make.
Here are some quick but important ways if you are currently recruiting or planning to hire for your company –
- Create a consistent recruitment process: It should be a must process for every job opening in your company. Whether it is a junior position, middle position or a senior executive position, you must take each & every step to be followed seriously and in a defined sequence.
- Checklist on personal traits fitting to the job:Focusing more on soft skills, personal attributes & fleshing out the role being filled through the process of identifying duties and responsibilities. You need to consider what type of personality, skill set, and experience level is needed to succeed in the job position. What would person make difference is what to be primarily identified by the recruiter or employer.
- Creating attention grabbing job description & promotions: One of the most important step is to craft a winning job description and then spreading the word on the right platforms whether its social media profiles OR your own company website. Try your best to use up to date thorough job description. Think of the ad as an opportunity to draw in best-fit candidates. Taking care of this will really help generate future revenue. Asking your peers, friends and employees for recommendations works out to be wonderful action when you are looking to promote urgent job openings in your company or business.
- Preparing a ‘cheat sheet’ for an ideal personality : Prepare a list of personality -cracking questions and get set to conduct a thorough assessment of the candidates so that only applicants who seem like a good fit are invited in for face-to-face interviews and further interaction with you. Use a proven assessment communication on phone while taking to the candidates before face to face interaction. Let candidates interview you to make them open about their views & to see how much interest they have in your company. Analyze the queries asked by them, give them reasonable and polite answers and have a friendly interaction to make them comfortable about the questions in their mind.
- Perform background checks: Use this as the final opportunity to test if you are really going to hire a good candidate. You can make it through references, past documents and taking to their past employers.